What Upgrades Are Worth It in New Construction?
Making the decision to build a new house can be difficult. There are so many construction home options available that it might be hard to select which are worth spending extra money on. In this blog post, we’ll look at some of the most beneficial upgrades in new construction. If you’re just getting started or about to move in, keep reading for some tips!
Home Upgrades That Will Make Your Kitchen New Again
Here are some home upgrades that will make your kitchen feel like new again.
- Cabinetry: If you have the opportunity to update your cabinets, take advantage of it! New cabinets may completely transform the look of your kitchen. If you’re on a tight budget, consider refacing your existing cabinets instead of replacing them. Quality cabinetry for display items can be expensive, but it’s worth the investment if you plan on staying in your home for a long time.
- Flooring upgrade: Upgraded flooring is an excellent way to give your kitchen a fresh new look. Although wood floors are a classic choice, there are many more upgraded options available now. If you’re looking for something different, try tile or laminate flooring. These materials are easier to care for than wood and can give your kitchen a unique look.
- Countertops: The countertops in your kitchen have a big impact on the overall aesthetic of the area. If you wish to upgrade, choose granite countertops or another type of natural stone countertop. These materials will boost the value of your home while also being long-lasting and easy to maintain. Quartz counters are also a great achievable option and come in many different colors and styles.
- Appliances: If your appliances are outdated and ancient, it may be time to upgrade. Purchasing new appliances can greatly improve the performance and appearance of your kitchen. When purchasing new appliances, choose energy-efficient ones to save money on power bills.
- Lighting: Lighting is an often overlooked part of kitchen design, yet it has a tremendous impact on the ambiance of the area. If your kitchen is old and dim, consider upgrading the lighting. Add some task lights under cabinets or in other helpful spots to brighten up your home. Light fixtures are also a great way to add style to your kitchen.
- Paint: Any room in your home, even the kitchen, can benefit from a fresh coat of paint. If you want to refresh your kitchen quickly and easily, consider painting the cabinets or the walls. Paint colors can have a big impact on the overall look of your kitchen, so be sure to choose wisely!
- Window treatments: The absence of window treatments in many kitchens can make the space feel incomplete. To add flare and seclusion to your kitchen, consider using blinds, shades, or curtains. The budget on windows will depend on the size and number of windows in your kitchen.
These are just a handful of the many kitchen modifications you may make. Making even minor changes may radically impact the look and feel of your kitchen. Food prep and storage will also become easier with some of these home upgrades. If you’re thinking about selling your home, many of these kitchen updates will also help to increase its value to future buyers.
Designer Homes of Fargo-Moorhead can assist you in selecting the best upgrades for your new home. Contact us right away to learn more about our services!
How to Make Your Master Bathroom More Enjoyable
When planning a home improvement project, it is critical to analyze how your remodel will raise the value of your house. One location that requires special attention is the master bathroom. Your bathroom can be made more aesthetically beautiful, functional, and enjoyable.
The following enhancements are worth considering for your next master bathroom renovation:
- Heated floors: If you live in a cold climate, heated floors in the bathroom are essential. The worst feeling in the world is stepping out of the shower onto a cold tile floor. Heated floors keep your feet nice and comfortable, which improves your bathroom experience overall.
- Steam shower: A steam shower in the bathroom is an excellent addition. Steam showers provide relaxation, detoxifying, and sinus and congestion relief.
- Luxurious bathtub: If you have the space and the funds, consider installing a luxurious bathtub in your bathroom. After a long day, nothing beats resting in the tub, and a beautiful bathtub will transform your bathroom into a spa.
- Double sinks: If you share a bathroom with someone else, double sinks are a must. Having two sinks avoids arguments over who gets to use the sink first and simplifies morning preparation.
- Built-In Storage: Because bathrooms often lack adequate storage space, it’s vital to make the most of what you do have. When redesigning your bathroom, consider adding some extra storage options. This could include adding shelves to the linen closet or installing a standard cabinet for medicines.
- Heated towel rack: A heated towel rack is a must-have in any bathroom. Nothing is more infuriating than stepping out of the shower into a frigid bathroom and then searching for a chilly towel. Your bathroom will be more pleasant overall, and heated towel racks will keep your towels warm.
These are just a handful of the many modifications you might want to consider while redesigning your next bathroom. If you’re not sure where to start, contact Designer Homes of Fargo-Moorhead. We can work with you to create a bathroom that is both fashionable and functional.
What Should I Upgrade in My House First?
When individuals are building a new house or renovating an existing one, one of the most common questions they have is what should be done first. There are a variety of responses to this question; however, each one is contingent on the construction of the house as well as its current position. When remodeling a home that has recently been built, it is essential to start with the fundamentals and improve the flooring, walls, and ceilings first.
When a property is old and in need of repair, the roof is typically the best place to begin the renovation process. After the roof has been repaired or replaced, the rest of the house can be redesigned to have a matching finish that is consistent with the newly installed roof.
Because there is a wide variety of potential upgrades available throughout each phase of the building process, it is essential to confer with an expert before settling on the one that would work best for your house. For instance, a custom cabinet builder will be able to provide you with advice on the standard cabinet hardware that would work best in your kitchen.
The concept floor plan of your property is another factor that will be considered when determining the order in which upgrades should be made. For instance, if your kitchen is on the smaller side, replacing your appliances can be a better option than expanding square footage.
When selecting what aspect of your home should be improved first, there are a number of other considerations to take into account. You may ensure that the upgrades you make are as useful and efficient as they possibly can be by giving careful consideration to all of these elements.
Any home improvements can be handled by the skilled professionals at Designer Homes of Fargo-Moorhead, which specializes in residential building and design. We will work together to design an original strategy that takes into account both your requirements and the constraints of your budget. Get in touch with us as soon as possible for additional information regarding our services.
What Increases Home Value the Most?
One of the most common questions individuals have when considering acquiring a property is, “What would increase the value of my home?” Some of the variables that influence the response to this question are the actual cost of the house, the ceilings, the finishing, and the design center.
Prospective buyers should consider builder enhancements while making their decision. A vaulted ceiling renovation, for example, will increase a home’s value. The actual cost of the alteration will vary depending on the size of the property and the style of a vaulted ceiling, but it is a long-term investment that will pay off.
The addition of hardwood floors or stone worktops increases the value of a home. Although these upgrades are not as cost-effective, they will appeal to prospective buyers looking for a beautiful finish.
Finally, employing a professional designer to assist you in selecting distinctive fixtures and choices for finishes can be costly, but it is profitable in terms of increasing the value of your property when you decide to sell it.
Making important decisions about upgrades that will appeal to future buyers and raise the value of your house is part of the buying process. With careful planning and attention to detail, you can ensure that your new home is an investment that will pay off for years to come.
Designer Homes of Fargo-Moorhead will advise you on the finest upgrades to make to increase the value of your home. We have experience in new house construction and can advise you on how to get the most out of your investment. Contact us right away to learn more about our services.